Great Links Yurt – Devon Yurt Holidays
Great Links was the first and more remote of our yurts to be placed here at Borough Farm, with unsurpassed views across Dartmoor. It is located to the East of the farm within half an acre of your own private paddocks. Great Links is in a superb location for watching the sunrise over Dartmoor.
Great Links is suitable for people with a greater sense of adventure and a wish for absolute privacy, space and tranquillity.
Outdoor Log-fired Hot Tub at Great Links Yurt
New for 2018, Devon Yurt are introducing Luv Tubs, your very own private hand-crafted, Scandinavian hot tub, set within the glorious Devon countryside with dramatic Dartmoor as your back drop. As the sun sets and dusk commences, sit under big open skies and enjoy the warmth of the water, heated by logs, whilst watching a dark night sky embedded with stars.
Hot tub optional use will be at the additional cost of £50 for the weekend or mid week break and £65 for a week-long stay, which includes your first basket of logs.
- How many can we fit in?
- What about the cooking?
- Bath time?
- What happens at night?
- Other important stuff!
Sleeps up to 2 adults and 4 children
- Emperor sized sleigh bed which will be made up for your arrival with crisp cotton linen for 2 adults
- Roll out futons for up to 4 children
- Space for a baby – high chair, cot and changing table (in the Shower Barn) can be provided at £10 per stay
- A whopping 21 feet diameter yurt
- Half an acre of your own private paddocks to play in and explore
- Fitted with fire and carbon monoxide alarms
- Bring your own horse or bikes to enjoy the trails around the Farm
- Optional use of log-fired hot tub at an additional cost. £50 for the weekend or mid week break and £65 for a week-long stay, which includes your first basket of logs.
- Woodburning stove
- Cooking implements for barbeques and stoves, pans, kettles, crockery and cutlery, tea towels, and cloths
- Cool boxes and freezer packs
- Water containers and fresh water available
- Cool box
- Shared fridge freezer in shower barn
- Belfast sink outside the yurt and in shower barn
- Indoor and outdoor seating for your meals
- You’ll be welcomed with elderflower cordial on arrival and fresh farm produce will be available depending on the season.
- Celebration cakes can be ordered (please give at least two days’ notice!)
- Organic veg boxes and breakfast hampers can be ordered
Make your stay even more wonderful by ordering our Luxury Glamping Weekend Package.
- Breakfast delivered to your yurt each morning to suit you
- A welcome cake from a selection of choices available
- An additional £65 added to the normal weekend yurt rate.
Local shops: Lifton Farm Shop is a drive minute drive away Pubs & Restaurants: Dartmoor Inn – 20 minute drive away – great bistro style food The Arundall Arms – 5 minute drive away – brilliant service and food Peter Tavy Inn – 10 minute drive away – great Dartmoor pub. The Cornish Arms, Tavistock, award winning gastro pub, great atmosphere and food.
- Wood-fired roll top bath in bath tent – plus flag to alert other guests that it’s busy!
- Shared wet room style shower room in converted glazed barn with views of Dartmoor.
- Private compost loo a short walk from your yurt
- Flushing loo in the shower barn
- For heating you have a log burner, and a fire pit. Kindling, firelighters, matches, and a basket of logs are provided free of charge for your first night
- Fitted carpets
- Lanterns and solar lighting and tea lights are provided
- Central heating, electric lighting and double plug socket in shower barn
- Bedding is provided for the main bed
- Futon Bedding can be provided at a cost of £10 per person per stay – or bring your own sleeping bags
- PLEASE BRING OWN TOWELS
- Check in from 4pm – 8 pm
- Check out by 10 am
- Bring torches, wellies, and towels
- Click here for booking terms
- We provide a laundry facility with eco friendly powder in the Barn
- We have a collection of books and games for you to borrow
- We have lots of local maps, walking trails, guides to the area and recommendations of things to do and places to visit whatever the weather!
There is a 100 metre walk along a grass track to access the yurt. we leave the banks either side of this path uncut as the flowers along the path are quite spectacular. The path is lit by solar lighting. Parking is at the main homestay – see the map above of the farm for more information. Brentor church is beautifully framed by the oak door way which is situated on the St Michaels ley line – an important energy line which stretches from the Scilly isles all the way to Glastonbury.
We feel that that is one reason why Borough farm is a very special place to be. Great Links offers unrivalled tented space giving larger families the chance to get back to nature in comfort, with their private outdoor space for games, reading or enjoying the great outdoors. Watch the sunrise in the morning and the stars coming at night, not to mention the wildlife.